CAD and ICT Support Manager
CAD and ICT Support Manager
BMT Nigel Gee are a prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy providing a broad portfolio of services for advanced and specialised vessels, from initial concept through to detailed design and production.
With an established background in yachts, commercial and naval vessels and significant experience across all hull form types, propulsion systems and structural materials, the company utilises state of the art technology to provide innovative design solutions and consultancy services tailored to the individual requirements of owners, operators and shipyards worldwide.
Our CAD and ICT systems are the backbone of our business and we are looking for a flexible, dedicated and forward-thinking CAD and ICT Support Manager to support, enhance and manage our CAD and Information and communication systems.
The role will involve leading in a dynamic, challenging and stimulating environment with a myriad of opportunities to apply your knowledge and expertise to a range of exciting projects.
- Developing, communicating, implementing and administer CAD standards
- Develop, document and facilitate CAD data archiving processes
- Management of CAD software licensing and champion best practice within the CAD environment
- Training of existing employees and new staff to a minimum level on systems, to ensure procedures and standards are followed and systems are used efficiently
- Assist in providing support for staff on a day to day basis, providing desktop support for Microsoft AutoCAD products, Rhino, Shipconstructor, Office 365 suite, Adobe, NitroPro and associated windows applications
- Provide server support, administering and troubleshooting virtual Windows servers
- Network Support providing 1st line support with LANs/WANs, switches, routers & firewalls, DNS, WiFi & VPNs
- Telephony troubleshooting a VoIP system (Avaya IP Office) and administering and support remote workers on laptops and mobile devices via VPNs
- Assisting in the specification and provision of IT and communications infrastructure services and equipment
- Contributing to decisions on ICT budgeting, as well as forecasts and recommendations on IT Strategy
- Input to and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan
- Maintaining & developing ICT security
You will be an expert within CAD with experience of high level troubleshooting and configuration skills within the Microsoft environment and experience of providing first line support within a busy office environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, a keen analytical and procedural mind with a professional approach and a keen eye for detail.
For more information, please email Joanna.Hopkins@bmtglobal.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For further information on BMT Nigel Gee, please visit their website: www.bmtng.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Joanna Hopkins, HR Business Partner on 023 8022 6655