Business Development Manager - Energy
BMT is a leading international management, design, engineering, science and technology consultancy with a reputation for excellence. We're driven by a belief that things can always be better, safer, faster and more efficient. As an Employee Benefit Trust, we are genuinely independent and have the freedom to put our people and our customers first.
At BMT, we appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure. We ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment as well as providing everyone with the tools and applications they need to do their roles effectively. On top of this we have a host of benefits designed to support our people such as additional holiday purchase, private medical cover and a personal development fund for gym/sports clubs or non-work related evening classes.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce, to view our full policy please click here - /careers/our-benefits/diversity-and-equality/.
As a Business Leader for the Energy and Critical National Infrastructure Account, you will be joining the business at an exciting time in our growth. You will be responsible for shaping and growing the business with a particular focus on Government Departments and Executive Agencies within the Energy and Infrastructure sectors. You will have responsibility for delivering the key performance indicators for the Account, to include sales and profit, and will report to the Business Development Director. You will work in partnership with the established members of the delivery team, in order to progress the strategy and to drive the continued success of the business.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- You will have a drive and passion for contributing to the growth of the business;
- You will have experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and partners and be able to operate effectively in order to influence decision makers;
- You will have significant Business Acumen, and a proven ability to develop and secure profitable business;
- You will have proven track record of leading successful business capture;
- Experience of leading teams;
- Understanding of the energy market, and experience working with Government/Industry clients (such as The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, The Office of Gas and Electricity markets, and Energy companies);
- You will be experienced in promoting consultancy offers to a market, to include; shaping the consultancy approach, and managing a pipeline of opportunities;
- Excellent presentation, analysis and communication skills.
This role at BMT requires the applicant to have or be able to obtain full UK Security Clearance. To gain clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 6 years, regardless of nationality.
The location will be flexible, with travel expected throughout the UK. Currently, clients are based in the London and the Bristol areas, but the expectation is for further growth.
Salary & Benefits
The remuneration package for this position will include a competitive starting salary, an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday, a Company profit share, professional membership subscription funding, and a variety of activities including family fun days and formal events.
BMT carefully guards its independence and impartiality. The company is constituted as an Employee Benefit Trust, in which all employees participate, and has no external shareholders.
Applicants are required to be flexible in terms of travel to different client sites. A valid UK driving licence is required.
To apply please forward a copy of your CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on BMT Hi-Q Sigma, please visit their website: https://www.bmt-hqs.com/