Principal, Senior and Intermediate Engineers with Energy Pipeline Experience
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for up to 5 new, permanent full-time engineering roles to support our growing Calgary team.
BMT is a global independent consultancy, specializing in engineering, science and management services in the energy, defence and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned professionals.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
BMT is recruiting for engineering roles to support our growing Calgary team in support of our Asset Performance Business Unit providing services to clients with pipeline and plant assets.
We are looking for the following:
- One Principal Engineer with over 20 years of related experience, a university degree in Mechanical or Civil engineering and a professional engineering designation in Alberta
- Two Senior Engineers with over 12 years of related experience and/or a university post graduate degree in Mechanical or Civil engineering and a professional engineering designation in Alberta
- Two Intermediate Engineers with over 8 years of related experience and/or a university post graduate degree in Mechanical or Civil engineering and a professional engineering designation in Alberta (or ability to obtain)
Working with the Senior Energy Program Manager to strengthen our current Asset Performance capability and bandwidth in building our energy sector business with a focus on engineering services.
The successful Principal and Senior engineering candidates will have established energy pipeline and plant service networks and the technical expertise to execute existing work and grow new work.
The Principal and Senior Engineering roles will initially include:
- 10% business development / marketing
- 10% technical sales
- 50% technical service provision
- 20% report writing /reviewing
- 10% mentoring junior engineer
The successful candidates will have:
- Experience within the Western Canada Energy Pipeline & Plant Service industries
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Proven ability working in a small team environment
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and project manage own work
- Other technical skills/experience
The intermediate roles will involve a greater volume of technical service provision such as:
FEA for Pipeline and Plant Services- ABAQUS, ANSYS, Cesar II AutoPIPE, FE Pipe Understanding codes -Z662, API 579, B31.1,B31.3 & B31.8, ASME Division VIII section 1 and 2
For further information on the application process and the benefits of working at BMT, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “AP-001” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com