Ship Acquisition Manager
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a Ship Acquisition Manager to support the establishment of new U.S. Navy Strategic and Theater Sealift shipbuilding programs
BMT is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations.
BMT is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense and security, energy and environment, critical infrastructure and commercial shipping sectors. For further information on BMT please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is seeking a Ship Acquisition Manager to support the establishment of new U.S. Navy Strategic and Theater Sealift shipbuilding programs through the definition and documentation of program and system requirements, acquisition strategies and trade studies, and the review and synthesis of shipbuilding industry concepts, capabilities and lessons learned. The Ship Acquisition Manager will be responsible for technical, analytical, and management support services including:
- Support the definition and evaluation of studies including feasibility, cost, manufacturing, ship impact, and proof of concept analyses
- Review acquisition documentation such as concept development documents, acquisition strategies, system engineering plans
- Review alternative acquisition strategies and design and production profiles
- Review shipbuilder industry concept study deliverables and provide comments
- Support development of ship production cost estimates and life cycle cost analyses
- Conduct analyses and trade off studies to support feasibility of common hull design
- Conduct Market research on adaptive force packages, containerized mission packages and existing interfaces
- Assist in developing required plans, concept papers, white papers, and briefings, action and milestone planning and tracking, project planning and progress status, program metrics establishment and tracking, and participation in designated meetings and milestone reviews
- Assist in acquisition program documentation development, including researching requirements and drafting assigned acquisition documents and reports, milestone decision and gate reviews
- Improve understanding with respect to evolving mission package requirements, analysis, measures of effectiveness, capability requirements; provide continuity and insight on all aspects of developing current and future capabilities
- Research emerging Strategic & Theater Sealift information technologies, and assist the Government in performing verification of requirements, standards, concepts, and technologies for applicability to the Strategic & Theater Sealift and associated PEO SHIPS programs
- Provide task project management and team leadership for BMT analysts and engineers supporting this effort
Work Location: Washington, DC
Candidates must have an active DOD security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Engineering, Business or Management and minimum 10 years of relevant federal government Ship Acquisition Program Management experience as described in the role above, including program formulation stage experience is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of shipbuilding design and build practices, environments and considerations
- Sealift Ship experience highly desirable, including familiarity with aviation intermediate maintenance support, medical services, command & control, and submarine tending systems and operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD acquisition management, contracting, technical and business management, including solicitation preparation, response and evaluation
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or DAWIA Program Management certification highly desirable
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants must email resume, BMT Employment Application and Surveys with subject line "CAS 01" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177. Find employment application below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070