BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Environmental Engineer to support projects for federal and commercial clients.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering support, state of the art modeling & simulation, advanced system dynamics analysis and technology and management support services exceeding customer expectations. BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is 100% owned by BMT Group. For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. is a BMT Group Company. BMT Group is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense, energy and transport sectors. For further information on BMT Group, please visit www.bmt.org.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking an Environmental Engineer to support projects for federal and commercial clients. The successful applicant will have at least 8 years of environmental consulting experience with an emphasis on remediation and possessing strong regulatory knowledge, verbal and written communication skills, and site characterization expertise. Candidate must exhibit progressive levels of federal and commercial work experience and works both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary project team.
Candidate must be a US citizen possessing or eligible for a DoD security clearance.
Work Location: Alexandria, VA
Travel: As needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or comparable field of study required
- Professional registration such as Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist
- Proven experience and knowledge and minimum 8 years in environmental sciences, environmental studies and environmental management projects required
- At least 3 years supporting remediation projects – federal and commercial performed under federal regulatory oversight (CERCLA or RCRA) required
- Minimum 5 years successfully leading a multidisciplinary team as team leader/coordinator
- Knowledge of regulatory framework governing federal and commercial projects (CERCLA, RCRA, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage time constraints and tasks, and work independently and with multidisciplinary teams to successfully meet project schedules
- Detail oriented, proactive and strong work ethic is required
- Strong listening, technical writing and communication skills required
- Good driving record
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds required
- Self-starter, proactive professional interested in contributing to individual and team growth
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Interested candidates must email resume and completed Employment Application and surveys with subject line "RE 92" to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Please find Employment Application and Applicant Survey at below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070